Recipe: Smoked Watermelon
This simple, refreshing Smoked Watermelon recipe is the perfect summer snack.
Watch Pitmaster Shannon Snell cook up this delicious recipe in our Tales from the Pit series.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more tips, tricks, recipes and cooking techniques our Pitmasters are sharin’ each week.
You Will Need:
4 Large Slices of Watermelon
Roll of Paper Towels
4 Tbsp of Honey
2 Tbsp of Melted Butter or Olive Oil
½ Tsp of Black Pepper
½ Tsp of Pink Himalayan Salt
*Optional: Substitute Lime Juice for the Melted Butter or Olive Oil for a little extra zip.
- Wrap Watermelon slices in a paper towel for 20 – 30 minutes. This will allow excess juices to soak up, and to make for better grill marks.
- Heat Grill or Smoker to 450°.
- Brush each side of the watermelon slice with butter, lime juice or olive oil and place on the grill. While on the grill, brush the top side of the watermelon slice with honey.
- Flip watermelon slice after 5 minutes and repeat the same process of brushing with honey. Use all the honey up before you remove the slices from the grill/smoker.
- Remove the watermelon and let it rest for 3 minutes. Finish with pinch of salt and fresh pepper on top.
Try this recipe at home, snap a photo and share it with us on social using #SonnysBBQ.