Tips for the Perfect Summer Picnic
June 20 marks the first day of summer. And what better way to welcome the season of backyard barbecues, beach trips and pool games than rolling out a blanket with a basket packed with delicious eats? Check out these tips on how to throw the perfect summer picnic:
What to Eat (& Sip on)
- Appetizers to snack on: Sweet Thai Chili BBQ Grilled Shrimp or Smoked Deviled Eggs.
- Mains to satisfy your BBQ craving: Backyard Brisket or BBQ Chicken Sliders.
- Sides for any summer spread: Loaded Potato Salad or Apple Slaw.
- Dessert to end on a sweet note: Berry Shortcakes or Chocolate BBQ Glaze for drizzlin’ on fresh strawberries.
What to Bring
Don’t leave your house without these essentials:
- Plates, napkins and utensils for when you’re ready to dig in.
- The right blanket and a couple of pillows for cushion.
- A cooler to stow away all the leftovers afterwards.
- Hand sanitizer, bug spray, sunscreen & trash bags.
- Portable/bluetooth speaker. A portable radio will do just fine.
- A board game or yard game to play after you’ve finished eating.
Set the Mood
Follow these tips and, as far as we’re concerned, your summer forecast is nothin’ but good times, sunshine and slow-smoked BBQ.