Recipe: Tangy Grilled Shrimp & Pineapple Skewers
BBQ is not just pork and beef. When creating this recipe, our Sonny’s BBQ Pitmasters seasoned these Tangy Grilled Shrimp & Pineapple Skewers with garlic, lime and a sprinkle of Old Bay. That results in a refreshing, light bite that’s easy to eat and sure to give your party a tropical twist.
Watch Pitmaster Shannon Snell show you the steps for these skewers in the video above, and find more recipes in our BBQ Bites playlist on Youtube. For example, try the tempting Loaded Hot Dog, topped with melty cheese and wrapped in smoky bacon. If you’re makin’ these Grilled Shrimp Skewers at home, show us how these came out using #SonnysBBQ.
You Will Need:
- 2 pounds of white sugar
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 3/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 pineapple
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 lb of shrimp
- Set grill to 400°F surface temperature.
- Combine sugar, vinegar, cilantro, salt, minced garlic, olive oil & lime juice in a bowl.
- Evenly coat shrimp in mixture.
- Refrigerate shrimp 8-24 hours.
- Chop the pineapple into 1-inch chunks.
- Rough chop bell peppers.
- Coat shrimp with Old Bay Seasoning to taste.
- Build skewers by placing shrimp, pepper and pineapple on each skewer.
- Repeat the process until the skewer is full.
- Mix melted butter and garlic powder.
- Grill skewers for 2 minutes per side until shrimp are firm and pink.
- While grilling, brush shrimp with garlic butter glaze
- Take off heat.