Recipe: Sweet Chipotle Smoked Wings
Chipotle chicken wings that are packed with flavor, grilled to perfection, and sure to be your new favorite game day recipe.
Before you get a little too much sauce on your fingers, be sure to snap a photo of your mouthwaterin’ Sweet Chipotle Smoked Wings and share it with us on social media with the hashtag #SonnysBBQ.
You Will Need:
- 2.5 lb chicken wings
- 1 bottle Sonny’s Sweet BBQ Sauce
For the Chipotle Marinade:
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp Adobo Sauce (from a can of Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce)
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Salt to taste
Now let’s get to cookin’.
- Mix the Chipotle Marinade ingredients together.
- Add the wings to the marinade and make sure to cover all wings evenly. Marinade for no more than 24 hours.
- Grab your oak or hickory wood (that’s what our Pitmasters prefer) and set your smoker to 250°.
- Place the wings in the smoker for 1 hour.
- Remove the wings from the smoker and grill over medium to high heat for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Remove from the grill once you have desired caramelization and toss in Sonny’s Sweet BBQ Sauce.
- Pair with your favorite dipping sauce and serve.