Recipe: Coffee Chili Rub Ribeye
Coffee is not just for givin’ you that boost of energy every morning. That slow-roasted flavor can also boost to your grilling game. Try this recipe for a Coffee Chili Rub Ribeye. The rub is a mixture of multiple spices, topped with melty garlic butter and served with a side of savory sauce. Our Sonny’s BBQ Pitmasters combine horseradish, mayonnaise, and garlic for a dreamy and creamy creation.
Take a look as Pitmaster Shannon Snell takes you through this easy recipe in the video above. Or, follow along with our step-by-step guide below. Either way, you are well on your way to a smokin’ ribeye steak. Lookin’ for something a bit more refreshing? Try our Tangy Grilled Shrimp & Pineapple Skewers, and follow us on Pinterest for these recipes and more.
You Will Need:
- 2 ribeye steaks, 12-ounce
- 2 tablespoons of kosher salt
- 1/4 cup of dark chili powder
- 1/2 cup of dark blend coffee grounds
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Allspice
- 1/4 cup of mayo
- 2 tablespoons of raw horseradish
- 1 cup of sour cream
- Lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons of softened butter
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- Heat grill to 400°F surface temperature.
- Prepare sauce by combining garlic powder, mayo, horseradish, sour cream and lemon juice to create sauce, then refrigerate until time to serve.
- Make the rub by combining salt, chili powder, coffee grounds, garlic powder, ground mustard, pepper, brown sugar and Allspice in bowl.
- Coat steaks in thin layer of mustard, then apply rub to both sides of steaks.
- Grill until steaks reach 120°F internal temperature.
- Heat grill to 450°F surface temperature, and then reverse sear steaks to desired tenderness.
- Flip after a few minutes.
- Remove steaks from grill, and top with mixture of butter and garlic cloves.
- Enjoy with sauce!