Recipe: Jalapeño Hot Link and Turkey Sandwich
Cravin’ a sandwich with a fiery kick? Pitmaster Mike Hopkins of Sonny’s BBQ in Lake City, FL. can help with that. My, oh meaty. This sandwich requires two hands for holding and quite a big appetite.
Give this recipe a try at home. Be sure to snap a photo of your Jalapeño Hot Link and Turkey Sandwich and share it with us on social media using the hashtag #SonnysBBQ.
You Will Need:
- 2 pieces of cooked garlic bread
- Smoked Turkey breast, sliced
- 2 smoked Jalapeño Hot Links
- 2 slices pepper jack cheese, sliced
- Leaf lettuce
- Red onion, sliced
- Sonny’s BBQ Original Sauce
Fire up the smoker! We’ve got a sandwich to build.
- Grill sausage until thoroughly cooked.
- Mix equal parts mayo and BBQ sauce.
- Spread mixture on both sides of toasted garlic bread.
- Layer lettuce, onion, and cheese.
- Slice Hot Links lengthwise and place on top of veggies.
- Mound Sliced Turkey on top of sausage.
- Top with another slice of garlic bread.