Recipe: Brisket & Hot Link Lasagna
Pitmaster Stephen Lefkowitz of Sonny’s BBQ in Palm Harbor, FL. shares his take on the traditional Lasagna in this recipe, sure to be a Summer staple.
Now it’s time to get cookin’. If you’re tryin’ this at home, be sure to snap a photo of your mouthwaterin’ Brisket & Hot Link Lasagna and share it with us on social media using the hashtag #SonnysBBQ.
You Will Need:
- 1/2 lb. Chopped Brisket
- 1/2 lb. Hot Links
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 (15 oz.) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, add a 1/2 lb Sonny’s Chopped Brisket, a 1/2 lb of Chopped Hot Links, 4 cups of spaghetti sauce, and a 1/4 cup of sugar.
- In a separate large bowl, combine 2 eggs, ricotta cheese, 1.5 cups of mozzarella cheese, garlic powder, parsley salt, and pepper.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Set remaining mozzarella cheese aside for later.
- Add one cup of meat sauce to the bottom of baking dish.
- Spread the mixture out evenly to form a smooth layer.
- Cover the meat sauce with one layer of uncooked noodles (about 3).
- Spread half cheese mixture over the noodles. Make sure to form an even layer that covers the entire dish.
- Repeat process with another layer of meat sauce, noodles and cheese sauce. Then, add additional layer of noodles and top it with the remaining meat sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and parmesan over the meat sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in over for 45 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven and take off the foil. Bake uncovered for an additional 15 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Let Lasagna cool for 15 minutes before serving.