Recipe: Bar-B-Cuban Sandwich
In this mouthwaterin’ recipe, Pitmaster Beth Kanupp of Sonny’s BBQ HQ in Maitland, FL. layers all of your slow-smoked favorites to create a sandwich we reckon you’ll be cravin’ all Summer long.
Give this recipe a whirl at home. But before diggin’ in, be sure to snap a photo of your Bar-B-Cuban Sandwich and share it with us on social media using the hashtag #SonnysBBQ.
You Will Need:
- 1 loaf Cuban bread sliced lengthwise
- Smoked BBQ Pulled Pork
- Sliced, smoked Pork or Ham
- Swiss cheese
- 1 cup fried pickles
- 4 tbsp Mustard BBQ Sauce or to taste
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- Split the Mustard BBQ Sauce and spread evenly on both sides of bread.
- Make sandwich by layering cheese, Sliced Pork, Pulled Pork, and pickles.
- Add on another layer of cheese.
- Rub the outer side of the top and bottom of the bread with 1 tbsp of butter each.
- Either cook in a panini maker or wrap sandwich completely in foil and grill on medium high heat with a heavy press.
- Grill for 5-6 minutes per side.
- Sliced sandwich and serve.
*For an easy, quick version, stop by your local Sonny’s and pick up Pulled Pork, Sliced Pork, and an order of fried pickles.